Exelion Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: March 13th 2014
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) outlines acceptable use of the services (the “Services”) provided by Exelion LLC (“Exelion,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) through the website located at www.exelion.net (the “Site”). All registered users of the Services (the “Registered User,” “you,” or “your”) and all others who use the Services must comply with this AUP. Any failure to comply with this AUP may result in termination of your access to the Services. If you are unwilling to comply with this AUP, you are not permitted to access the Services.
Exelion may revise this AUP from time to time and the revised AUP will be effective immediately upon posting. If you use the Services after a change to AUP is posted, then you will be bound by such change. You may send questions regarding this AUP to, and report violations of it, at email@example.com.
Prohibited Uses and Activities
What uses and activities does Exelion prohibit?
Generally, this AUP prohibits uses and activities involving the Services that are illegal, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or diminish the use and enjoyment of the Services by others. Exelion is also committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws, and requires all Registered Users of the Services to comply with these laws.
This AUP prohibits you from using the Services to:
- undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening or defamatory, including content that constitute child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or non-U.S. law, order, or regulation;
- post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be unlawful;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of, or distribute in any way information, software or other material obtained through the Services or otherwise that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining any required permission of the owner;
- transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages commonly known as “spam”, including commercial advertising and informational announcements;
- send very large numbers of copies of the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages which contain no substantive content, or send very large messages or files that disrupts a server, account, blog, newsgroup, chat, or similar service;
- initiate, perpetuate, or in any way participate in any pyramid or other illegal scheme;
- participate in the collection of very large numbers of email addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice sometimes known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity;
- collect responses from unsolicited bulk messages;
- falsify, alter, or remove message headers or assume Exelion’s identity without Exelion’s explicit permission;
- falsify references to Exelion or its network, by name or other identifier, in messages;
- impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else's digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity (for example,“phishing”);
- violate the rules, regulations, terms of service, or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, service, application, system, or web site that you access or use;
- access any other person's computer or computer system, network, software, or data without his or her knowledge and consent;
- breach the security of another user or system;
- attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other hosts, networks, or accounts without express permission to do so;
- use or distribute tools or devices designed or used for compromising security or whose use is otherwise unauthorized, such as password guessing programs, decoders, password gatherers, keystroke loggers, analyzers, cracking tools, packet sniffers, encryption circumvention devices, or Trojan Horse programs;
- unauthorized port scanning is strictly prohibited;
- copy, distribute, or sublicense any proprietary software provided in connection with the Services by Exelion or any third party;
- distribute programs that make unauthorized changes to software (cracks);
- service, alter, modify, or tamper with the Services or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by Exelion;
- use the Services for illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography;
- use the Services to conduct activities that may be harmful to others, Exelion’s operations or reputation, including or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices;
- restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Services (except for tools for safety and security functions such as parental controls, for example), including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or impede others' ability to use, send, or retrieve information;
- restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or otherwise disrupt or cause a performance degradation, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to the Services or any Exelion host, server, backbone network, node or service, or otherwise cause a performance degradation to any Exelion facilities used to deliver the Services;
- interfere with computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abusing operator privileges, and attempts to “crash” a host.
What obligations do I have under this AUP?You are responsible for your own compliance with this AUP. You are also responsible for any use or misuse of the Services that violates this AUP by anyone else you permit to access the Services (such as a friend, family member, or guest). In all cases, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you use to access and use the Services, including any data stored or shared on that device.
How does Exelion address inappropriate content and transmissions?
Exelion reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the Site. Exelion may, in its sole discretion, refuse to transmit or post, and to remove or block, any information or materials, in whole or in part, for any reason including, but not limited to, violations of this AUP, or perceived harm to Exelion's network or Registered Users. Exelion may also, in its sole discretion, immediately suspend or terminate your use of the Services at any time without penalty. This AUP applies to all usage of the Services.